Established in 2002, Lidacel Ltd. are a leading distributor for commercial energy efficient lighting and intelligent lighting controls. Recognised as technical specification partners for major projects, our customer base spans the complete spectrum of the electrical industry. At Lidacel we offer customer focused mains lighting and emergency lighting design facility, project specific lighting control system wiring schemes, personalised service and in-depth product expertise.
Lighting System Technician / Engineer
Lidacel require a Lighting System Technician to join our expanding business. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience within the electrical industry. Training will be provided and as the role progresses there will be further opportunities to upskill and attend training courses.
The role will be mainly focused on working with lighting control software for a number of major projects throughout Ireland. The candidate will be required to attend site meetings on occasions and liaise with electrical contractors on daily basis. There will also be a requirement to work on several projects simultaneously and independently.
- Supervision of and preparation of specification, programming, commissioning of lighting controls
- Design and commission of emergency lighting systems
- Providing engineering and commissioning assistance on projects as required
- Regular attendance to site for meetings, installation, testing, commissioning
- Assist with project management, planning and review of technical decisions and challenges
- Preparation of the pre-commissioning, commissioning procedures, final certificates and reports
- Produce risk assessments and method statements as required
- Background in lighting and electrical industry
- Trade qualification in electrical or electronic discipline
- Knowledge I.S.3217 2013 is an advantage
- Worked on construction sites and hold an up to date safe pass
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft office, AutoCAD and Relux/Dialux
- Ability to interpret construction drawings
- Excellent problem-solving, planning skills and communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible in regards to, training, travel and some out of hours working
- Full clean drivers licence
What we offer
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- Company Van
- Challenging projects in dynamic industry
- Excellent working environment
- An opportunity to grow and develop your skills in a dynamic lighting and lighting controls company
Email your CV by clicking on the button below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.